This thermostat is a great introduction to the all new Herpstat lineup. If you have a cage, incubator, or a plastic rack that uses two prong electrical cords for its heating device then the Herpstat Intro could be the perfect choice. The unique enclosure has flanged sides to allow a embedded mount for custom looking incubators. You can also sit it on top of your favorite cage.
It's budget friendly without sacrificing smooth proportional control of the temperatures. Has a built in soft startup feature to slowly add power on initial starts as well as a user selectable ramping between day and night time temperature settings. A new revolutionary auto power matching algorithm constantly adjusts the power output to get the best regulation possible. We also added new AC control code that lets the device dim power in 100 steps to be able to finely tune the heating equipment. High and low temperature tracking and audible alerts are standard.
The Herpstat Intro comes ready use out of the box.
- True proportional heating (Dimming Sytle).
- Constantly monitors and adjusts amount of heat necessary to maintain a target temperature (Usable range from 40°F to 150°F or 4°C to 65°C). Can also be used in non-proportional (on / off) mode.
- Soft startup slowly applies power during initial warmups.
- User selectable temperature ramping allows day to night changes to occur slowly. (Up to 10 hours)
- Sensor Matching allows the user to digitally calibrate the sensor output to match other equipment.
- Software clock provides night drop feature.
- High / Low temperature tracking helps monitor heating system and enclosure efficiency.
- Selectable High / Low temperature threshold alarms.
- Precision sensor with internal resolution of .1125 °F and is accurate to ± .9 °F
- Display and setting in tenths of a degree.
- All settings are retained in memory even if power is lost.
- Power Outage detection / tracking.
- Temperature can be set / displayed in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
- Easy to read backlit LCD display.
- Removable 12' temperature probe allow for easy replacement if necessary.
- Resettable fuse never requires replacement.
- Audible alarm system
- Internal error detection shuts off heat if sensor fails or is disconnected.
- 350 Watts Output Power
- 1 year limited warranty